Pages

Thursday 18 April 2013

Robin Roberts Hospitalized During Florida Vacation


After her triumphant return as co-host of "Good Morning America" a little more than two months ago, Robin Roberts was hospitalized during her Key West vacation last week.
Earlier this morning (April 18), the popular talk show host made sure to assure her devoted fans in a Facebook post that everything was fine after her short hospital stay.
"In the middle of my Key West vacation, I began to not feel well. Nothing serious, just under the weather. I contacted my doctors and flew back to NYC. Seems my young immune system needed a little boost to fight off 'opportunist infection," Robin explained.
"My doctors assured me that this was NOT because I was working or doing too much, too soon. It's extremely common, post bone marrow transplant, to have complications. I'm blessed that mine have not been severe," she added.
Miss Roberts announced back in June 2012 that she contracted the blood disease myelodysplastic syndrome and had received a bone marrow transplant in September 2012 causing her to take a six month medical leave from her duties on the morning talk show.
Photo Credit: Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment