Pages

Friday 22 March 2013

Selena Gomez Talks “Spring Breakers”


Her new movie “Spring Breakers” hits theaters nationwide today (March 22) and Selena Gomez is thrilled to hear how her fans react.
However, the “Wizards of Waverly Place” babe is also a bit concerned that the drug-and-alcohol-fueled subject matter and sexual themes may reach some of her younger admirers.
Gomez explained to the Hollywood Reporter, “There’s gonna be the intrigued preteens that are gonna want to sneak in and see the movie, and that’s obviously something I can’t control.”
“[I can] definitely warn them as best I can, but the movie is rated R, and it’s kind of a given when you see the trailer that you should be old enough to see the movie.”
And while she’s been all over the world promoting the film, Gomez felt like the US audiences understood the flavor the best. “It’s spring break, and getting thrown into those certain situations, people do laugh at it because I feel like certain people have experienced a spring break, you know, a crazy fun Cabo spring break or whatever where you let loose. So yeah, I think they can understand that a little bit more, as opposed to in Europe, they don’t have spring break. They’re not really familiar with that concept, nor are they familiar with Florida and how that works and having James’ character come in. So it was interesting. I definitely agree with him when it comes to that.”
As for her favorite part of the whole project, Selena gushed, “I think being able to really push myself. It really was like a big acting camp. You know, I got to improv, that was amazing and probably one of my favorite parts, and I got to create scenes out of thin air and really be indulged in a script that is rare and work with someone like Harmony. So, probably the improv and the experience was my favorite part, just as an actress and as a person.”
When asked about her timeline for starting to find her next gig, Gomez said, “Probably……… today (Laughs). I’m probably gonna be reading scripts. I mean, I love it. It’s sometimes hard for me to balance it cause I’m obsessed with both. But yeah, I’ll definitely get right back into it as quickly as I can.”
Photo Credit: Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment