Pages

Saturday 23 February 2013

MC Hammer Arrested - Charged with Obstruction


After being stopped in his vehicle late Thursday night, MC Hammer has taken to Twitter to set the record straight about his subsequent arrest (February 21).
The "Can't Touch This" singer was near a shopping center in Dublin, California when he was stopped by a police officer who he referred to as a "chubby elvis looking dude" who then asked him, "Are you on parole or probation?"
Poking fun at the man in uniform, the 50-year-old '90s icon continued, "While I was handing him my ID he reached in my car and tried to pull me out the car but forgot he was on a steady donut diet. It was comical to me until he pulled out his guns, blew his whistle and yelled for help (MallCop)!!!"
Noting the seriousness of the situation, he said, "But make no mistake he’s dangerous. Only thing more dangerous than a scared man with a gun, is a scared man with an agenda, a gun and a badge. I was cited for obstruction smh."
Doubting the initial reason for the stop, Hammer continued, "You have to know me to understand I was laughing when he was grunting and pulling on me… I had just left the weight room. I will now answer his question, contrary to his personal beliefs, all people of color are not on parole or probation fat boy!!!"
However, opting to take the high road, Stanley Burrell (his real name) concluded, "Instead of being bitter, I’m taking the opportunity to make this a ‘teachable moment’ and ‘eye opener’ for my many friends & colleagues.”
Law enforcement from the city claim that Hammer was in a vehicle with expired registration and he was not the registered owner. Police spokesman Herb Walters e-mailed CNN and stated, "After asking Hammer who the registered owner was he became very argumentative and refused to answer the officer's questions."
Photo Credit: Dublin Police Department

No comments:

Post a Comment