Pages

Friday 28 September 2012

Arnold Schwarzenegger: I Caused Maria Shriver ‘Tremendous Pain’

Arnold has admitted, for the first time, how badly he hurt Maria and their family, in a new interview! Read on for all the details.
Arnold Schwarzenegger has remained relatively quiet regarding the scandal that tore his marriage to Maria Shriver apart, but as the former governor of California has a new book to promote, he's finally opening up on the pain he caused his family!

In an interview with 60 Minutes, set to air Sunday, Sept. 30, Arnold was asked by correspondent Lesley Stahl, "Was this just the most unbelievable act of betrayal to Maria?" Arnold, 65, replied, "I think it was the stupidest thing I've done in the whole relationship. It was terrible. I inflicted tremendous pain on Maria and unbelievable pain on the kids."

Arnold and Lesley are, of course, referring to the affair that Arnold had with housekeeper Mildred Baena that produced a son, Joseph, who is now a teenager. He writes about the affair in his new book, Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story, also revealing that he had a second affair during his 25-year marriage. He says that Maria hasn't read the book.

In the interview, Arnold explained why he chose to open up about his indiscretions in the book. "[Maria] knows that it's about my whole life and that I would not write a book and kind of leave out that part and make people feel like, 'Well, wait a minute. Are we just getting a book about his success stories and not talk about his failures?'" he says. "I wanted to write a book about me."

The full interview airs Sunday at 7:00pm EST on CBS.

Are you glad Arnold has finally owned up to the pain he caused Maria and his family, HollywoodLifers?

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment