Pages

Tuesday 6 December 2011

E! presenter Giuliana Rancic To Have Breast Surgically Removed After Cancer Diagnosis

The 37yr old E! News presenter revealed during an interview on The Today Show, that she will have her breast surgically removed after doctors failed to 'get all the cancer out' when she underwent a double lumpectomy to remove cancerous growths in both breasts, last month.
She explained her decision:
To be honest, all it came down to was choosing to live and not looking over my shoulder for the rest of my life. It could have come back more aggressively next time, so for me it was just more important to get the cancer out.
With the double mastectomy I now have less than one per cent chance of getting it back, otherwise it was 20, 30 or 40 per cent chance and for me it wasn't worth it.
Giuliana was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months ago. God be with her

No comments:

Post a Comment