Pages

Thursday 2 May 2013

Reese Witherspoon on "GMA": "We are so Sorry and Embarrassed"


In the midst of her arrest for disorderly conduct last month, Reese Witherspoon went off the handle after seeing her husband Jim Toth in handcuffs.
The “Legally Blonde” actress and her hubby were pulled over in a suburb of Atlanta, GA for allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol.
During the chain of events, Reese yelled at the arresting officer, saying, “Do you know my name?” and “You’re about to find out who I am,” adding that she was pregnant.
On “Good Morning America” this morning, Reese recalled the night in her first public interview since that night. “I saw him arresting my husband and I literally panicked. I told him I was pregnant. I’m not pregnant. I said all kinds of crazy things.”
“It’s just completely unacceptable and we are so sorry and embarrassed,” Witherspoon added. “I think we made a mistake and it was something that will absolutely never happen again.”
After the couple was pulled over, Toth allegedly appeared intoxicated and smelled like alcohol. He performed a sobriety test and was arrested and charged with driving under the influence and failure to maintain the lane.
“We went out to dinner in Atlanta and we had one too many glasses of wine,” the 37-year-old old explained. “We thought we were fine to drive and we absolutely were not. We know better and we shouldn’t have done that.”
Watch the rest of the interview below!


Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
Photo Credit: Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment