Pages

Saturday 20 April 2013

Steve Carell in Vegas Magazine Spring 2013: I'm Not Really That Nice


Stepping off the set of his anticipated flick "Anchorman: The Legend Continues," Steve Carell rocked the cover of Vegas magazine's Spring 2013 issue.
The "Despicable Me" star suited up and joined forces with photographer Robert Ascroft for the front page shoot, gushing about the celeb tribute video that debuted at his 50th birthday celebration.
Check out a few highlights from Mr. Carell's interview below. For more, be sure to visit Vegas magazine!
On shout-outs from a few famous pals:
"It was very moving. I'm a fairly private person. I get a little nervous about that. But I enjoy seeing the spectrum of my friendships and relationships over the years and how many good people are a part of my life. It was a perfect night."
On branching out from comedies:
"It's fun to switch things up a little and try some things that are a little bit different. I don't want to do those kind of parts to prove anything. There's a pretense behind them. It's just a great opportunity. That's most important to me- to get a chance to work with very talented people."
On his squeaky clean image:
"I sometimes joke that I need to be mean or have some bad press about me, be edgier. Honestly, you just are who you are. What's ironic is that I'm not really that nice. I'm sort of an average level of nice. Tom Hanks makes me look like a complete a******. But it's much better to be called nice than almost anything else. I try to treat people with respect."
Photo Credit: Robert Ascroft for Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment