Pages

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Beyonce in British Vogue May 2013: I’m a Modern-Day Feminist


Her massive career success and strong personality have given Beyonce Knowles a strong platform for voicing her opinions.
And the “Single Ladies” songstress has come out as a ‘modern-day feminist’ given her passion for empowering women and her experience of becoming a mother in the May 2013 issue of British Vogue.
Beyonce explained, “It comes from knowing my purpose and really meeting myself once I saw my child. I was like, okay, this is what you were born to do.”
“The purpose of my body became completely different. The way I view it and everything. There's a sensuality and an audacity that I'm okay with sharing. And I'm not uncomfortable about it. I'm not shy about it. And I feel like it's important for women not to lose that sense of sensuality.”
Knowles also criticized the tendency for ladies to relegate themselves to stereotypes. “Why do you have to choose what type of woman you are? Why do you have to label yourself anything? I'm just a woman and I love being a woman. If you're attractive then you can't be sexy, and you can't be intelligent? What is all of that? I guess I am a modern-day feminist.”
Photo Credit: British Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment