Pages

Monday 25 March 2013

Will Smith Turned Down Role in "Django Unchained"


With his critical and box office success, Will Smith can afford to be picky about his roles, even when Quentin Tarantino comes knocking at his door.
In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, the "Independence Day" star revelaed that he turned down Jamie Foxx's role because, "Django wasn’t the lead, so it was like, I need to be the lead. The other character was the lead!"
The 44-year-old actor was referring, of course, to Christoph Waltz's role, for which he won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.
In an effort to participate, he tried to change the script, telling the director, "I was like, ‘No, Quentin, please, I need to kill the bad guy!’” However, in the end, Will says, "I thought it was brilliant - just not for me."

Photo Credit: Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment