Pages

Monday 18 March 2013

Allison Williams Covers Boston Common's Spring 2013 Issue


She's made quite a name for herself in Hollywood thanks to her hit HBO series "Girls," and now Allison Williams is soaking up the spotlight on the cover of Boston Common's Spring 2013 issue.
The 24-year-old Boston native looked absolutely adorable in designer duds from Michael Kors and Ralph Lauren for the Robert Ascroft-shot front page while opening up about everything from her famous pops, Brian Williams, to her role as Marnie Michaels on the smashing series.
"I grew up really respecting the outdoors around me," Allison recalls while discussing her life before acting. "They taught it in school. We grew up respecting this part of the world, and certainly Boston is large when you're learning US History."
When it comes to living in a household with daddy Williams, Allison said, "That was one of the cool things about growing in the house that I did: I was raised by two people who believed firmly that it is possible to love when you do and to do what you love and to make a life out of that."
In regards to her role on her successful series, the brunette beauty explained, "I've realized very slowly over the last five, six, seven years that it was a waste of my time trying to be the perfect version of myself. But it's very hard when you live in a high-pressured academic culture. I was really trying to do everything right."
"[The pressure] never, ever came from family... It came from my own ambition," she adds. "It came from Greenwich Academy, these people around me- these high-achieving, highly intelligent people. But the people I really admired were [those] who realized they were not perfect. They embraced things about themselves that were imperfect, because they were able to recognize, with a lot of wisdom, that those little bumps are the things that make you interesting and textured and most compelling. Perfection is exhausting."
Photo Credit: Robert Ascroft for Boston Common Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment