Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Shia LaBeouf Reveals Personal Emails Amidst "Orphans" Exit


Just hours after announcing he will not be in the Broadway production of “Orphans,” Shia LaBeouf shared personal emails about his exit from the show on Wednesday (February 20).
Citing creative differences with the producers, the “Transformers” hunk bowed out of the role of Treat in the Daniel Sullivan play, which is slated to open on April 7.
Allowing everyone in on the details of his departure, LaBeuof posted screen shots of the emails he traded between would-be co-stars Alec Baldwin and Tom Sturridge, as well as an apology letter he wrote to the creative team.
The email response from Mr. Sullivan indicated that the creative differences lied between Shia and Baldwin. Explaining that the two were incompatible, the director wrote, “I’m too old for disagreeable situations. You’re on hell of a great actor. Alec is who he is. You are who you are. You two are incompatible. I should have known it. This one will haunt me. You tried to warn me. You said you were a different breed. I didn’t get it. – Dan“
For his part, Mr. Baldwin told the younger actor, in part, “I don’t have an unkind word to say about you. You have my word. – AB”
Check out the entire emails as well as LaBeouf's audition for "Orphan" below:
Full Apology Letter from Shia LaBeouf
“My dad was a drug dealer. He was a sh-t human. But he was a man. He taught me how to be a man. What I know of men, Alec is. A man is good at his job. Not his work, not his avocation, not his hobby. Not his career. His job. A man can look you up and down and figure some things out. Before you say a word, he makes you. From your suitcase, from your watch, from your posture. A man infers,” Shia wrote.
“A man owns up. That’s why Mark McGwire is not a man. A man grasps his mistakes. He lays claim to who he is, and what he was, whether he likes them or not. Some mistakes, though, he lets pass if no one notices. Like dropping the steak in the dirt,” he added.
“He does not rely on rationalizations or explanations. He doesn’t winnow, winnow, winnow until truths can be humbly categorized, or intellectualized, until behavior can be written off with an explanation. A man knows his tools and how to use them – just the ones he needs. Knows which saw is for what, how to find the stud. A man does not know everything. He doesn’t try. He likes what other men know. A man can tell you he was wrong. That he did wrong. That he planned to. He can tell you when he is lost. He can apologize, even if sometimes it’s just to put an end to the bickering. Alec, I’m sorry for my part of a dis-agreeable situation. - Shia.”
Alec Baldwin's Reply to Shia LaBeouf
“I’ve been through this before. It’s been a while. And perhaps some of the particulars are different. But it comes down to the fact that what we all do now is critical. Perhaps especially fro you. When the change comes, how do we handle it, whether it be good or bad? What do we learn? I don’t have an unkind word to say about you. You have my word. – AB”
Shia replied back to Alec's response, writing, “Same. Be Well. Good luck on the play. You’ll be great.”
Tom Sturridge's Response to Shia LaBeuof
“Are you still here? I don’t really know what to write. I went in this afternoon and they were all there… producers, etc. I said my piece but they didn’t really listen. I don’t understand what has happened here. Maybe you have had a more enlightening conversation with someone by now. All I can say is that it truly was an honour to work with you even if it was only for a few days. I was stunned by the work you were doing, the performance you were giving. I think you lifted the play to a place high than maybe it even deserved to be. I hope this isn’t the last time we work together and I especially hope it isn’t the last time we see each other. Hope you’re ok brother – Tom”
DIrector Dan Sullivan's Response to Shia LaBeuof
“I’m too old for disagreeable situations. You’re on hell of a great actor. Alec is who he is. You are who you are. You two are incompatible. I should have known it. This one will haunt me. You tried to warn me. You said you were a different breed. I didn’t get it. – Dan“
Photo Credit: Twitter; Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment