Pages

Saturday 22 December 2012

One Direction: Billboard's Top New Artist of 2012


They've earned the honor as Billboard's Top New Artist of 2012 and now One Direction is rocking the cover of Billboard magazine's latest issue.
Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik, and Niall Horan showed off their British boy charm for darling spread while opening up everything from topping the charts to their super successful year.
A few highlights from One Direction's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Billboard!
Zayn Malik
On the Drew Brees' Pepsi commercial:
"Honestly, like American football is not that big over in the UK, so we hadn't really heard of Drew Brees before. I did know that he was like a massive football player. He's a massive star, so I was still a little bit anxious and nervous to meet him. I think Niall knew who he was. He was a really cool guy and quite funny - he was up for laugh. We just had a lot of fun on that Pepsi shoot."
Louis Tomlinson
On his musical preference:
"My favorite music isn't necessarily the songs that One Direction come out with. That doesn't mean to say I don't secretly really love some of our songs, which I do. My personal tastes... I actually like quite a bit acoustic and more mellow kinds of things. I quite like American music, like The Fray, I'm a massive fan of them, and The Killers. I also like more acoustic stuff like Ed Sheeran, I like this English songwriter James Morrison and another singer called Ben Howard."
Niall Horan
On playing guitar:
"I played six or seven songs on the album and probably a lot more of them on the tour. It's nice to do. I kinda get into my comfort zone. I like to just sit there on the guitar sing and play. Someone told me the smile on my face gets bigger when I pay the guitar."
Liam Payne
On being Billboard's Top New Artist of 2012:
"It's been incredible, but I think it's a credit to the power of our fans more than anything. They're an amazing force. We can't believe, number one, that we played at Madison Square Garden the other night and that we accomplished something like that."
Harry Styles
On his whirlwind year:
"For me the Olympics literally can't be topped. Just the feeling of being in that room, all our families were there. The whole feeling was just unbelievable."

No comments:

Post a Comment