Pages

Monday 22 October 2012

Lewandowski: I hope Pepe plays fair

The Poland striker is wary of the Madrid centre-back's behaviour, but has stressed that BVB go into the match without fear
Borussia Dortmund attacker Robert Lewandowski has insisted that he does not fear any of Real Madrid's defenders, and hopes that Pepe will play it fair in Wednesday's Champions League encounter.
The BVB star will have to deal with either the Portugal international, Sergio Ramos or Raphael Varane, but he's focused on the task in hand and does not let the reputation of his potential opponent distract him.

"I don't fear Madrid's defenders, I can guarantee you that. I know perfectly well what kind of defenders they are, and I'm not afraid. I just hope Pepe plays fair. I don't have any problems with him then," Lewandowski told AS.

The Poland international then went on to voice his admiration for Madrid, but added that Dortmund are focused on their own performance.

"It will be hard to say whether Madrid are a more difficult opponent than Manchester City. They are an absolute top team and it will not be an easy game.

 "They have some of the best players in the world, and they can all be dangerous. There's no reason to fear them, though. I hope that it will be a nice show, with us coming out on top."

Wednesday's encounter in Dortmund is scheduled to kick off at 20:45CET.

Credit Goal.com


Chimdindu Nweke

No comments:

Post a Comment