Pages

Saturday 21 July 2012

Teen Takes Bullet Helping Family During ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Shooting

A Colorado teen who was in the theater during the 'The Dark Knight Rises' shooting massacre stopped and helped a mother with her two young kids, taking a bullet to the leg and saving their lives! Read his heroic story.
Amid the terrifying shooting spree that happened in Aurora, Colorado during a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises, Jarell Brooks, 19, scrambled to get out of the packed movie theater. He stopped when he noticed a young mother who was frantically trying to save her two young kids.


Instead of running out the exits, Jarrell stopped and helped the woman, Patricia Legarreta. He then crawled on top of her and tried to push her to safety.

"At the end of the aisle, I ran into a woman. She yelled, 'My kids!' and I saw she had two young kids with her," he told ABC News. "I made sure they got in the aisle and pushed behind her to make sure she got out of there."

Then, Jarell felt a bullet strike his thigh, which forced him to the ground. Patricia also got shot.

Jarell told ABC News that the bullet that truck his leg could have hit Patricia's 4-month-old infant if not for his body covering the family. But he refuses to be called a hero.

"I don't want to say hero necessarily, I was just in the wrong place at the right time," he told ABC News' Chris Cuomo during a TV interview.

"I was in the wrong place because I had to deal with the situation, but I was there at the right time because I was there to help a family."

After she recovered in the hospital, Patricia confirmed the story, and said she's thankful there are young men in the world like Jarrell.

"It makes me feel glad because I felt helpless," she said. "Everybody at that moment was going through it, and to know that someone had that mindset, it makes me feel happy to know that in times of trial, there are good people out there."

We are happy to hear a heroic story during such a tragic incident.

What do YOU think HollyMoms?
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment