Pages

Thursday 24 May 2012

Phillip Phillips Wins 'American Idol' Season 11

•Phillip phillips and jessica sanchez

   Phillip Phillips was crowned the season 11 "American Idol" champion on Wednesday night's final show. Phillip Phillips, a bluesy Georgia guitar man, defeated  teenager Jessica Sanchez in record viewer voting. 
    He was the fifth male "Idol" winner in a row.Phillips retained his humble, self-effacing demeanor to the end, and beyond.
   "I have no idea why I won, man," he said in his backstage dressing room. "I guess some people liked the music that I was doing. I'm just lucky.  I was just doing my thing each week."
   He received the winning share of the record-high 132 million votes cast after Tuesday's final showdown with high school student Sanchez, 16, of Chula Vista, Calif. 
The last female to win, and the last non-white, was Jordin Sparks in 2007.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by Airtel Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment