Pages

Friday 30 September 2011

ADEBAYOR RETURNS TO THE EMIRATES

Tottenham Hotspur's Togolese striker Emmanuel Adebayor has stated how bad he feels over his celebration for a goal against Arsenal for Manchester City. A celebration which earned him suspension.

Adebayor ran the length of the field before taking a slide before watchful eyes of the Gunners fans in a 4-2 demolishing at the Eastlands two seasons ago.

The striker however revealed he won't do such again because of the respect and admiration he has for his former club.

"What happened two years ago was an accident and I do apologize to all the fans of Arsenal. Sometime the emotions, we cannot control them, we are all human beings.

"I regret what I have done and I say sorry to everyone but at the end of the day sorry doesn't change anything. For me it's over.

"I'm looking forward to playing against Arsenal again on Sunday but believe me, if I have a chance to score, trust me I will score but as for the celebration, never in my life will I do something like that again.

"It will be a funny game [on Sunday], it'll be fantastic. I have a chance to play against Arsenal again, the club that gave me the chance to be where I am today. I have a huge respect for the club."

He revealed how he enjoys football at White Hart Lane and maintains how comfortable he is with the current squad around him. He confessed he is playing alongside great and talented footballers.

"I'm having a good time at training every day," he added. "We're having a big laugh and I find myself already in the squad as if I have been playing for Tottenham for ages.

"We defend together and we attack together. We have a lot of good players, Gareth Bale, Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Luka Modric, they're all fantastic players."

Arsenal will lock horns with North-London rivals Tottenham Hotspurs on Sunday (October 2) at White Hart lane
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by Airtel Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment