Pages

Monday 18 July 2011

Beyonce ready to take "a much needed break"

After 15 years of steadily topping the charts, Beyonce Knowles takes a much needed break.

"After I finished the last tour I was a bit overwhelmed and overworked and my mother was the person that preached to me and almost harassed me every day after I was doing the last world tour - you really need to live your life and open your eyes. And you don't want to wake up with no memories."

During her hiatus, Beyonce was able to travel and, most importantly for her, spend time with her family, including her hubby, rapper Jay Z.

In March of 2011 news emerged Beyonce was breaking ties with her manager/father Matthew Knowles.

In her documentary "Year of 4" she describes the decision as tough.

"I've been managed by my father for a very long time and a real change meant separating from him. It was scary but it empowered me and I wasn't going to let fear stop me."

Numerous tabloid websites have cited stolen money as the reason for the split.

For the second week since its release, Beyonce's fourth solo CD "4" has topped the charts.

The Texas-born singer says the CD's title holds many meanings.

"'4' is the title because it's my favorite number since I was a kid. It's the number of my birthday, September 4th, my mother's birthday, January 4th, my husband's birthday December 4th. It's the anniversary of my wedding."

To date "4" has sold over 426,000 copies -- another lucky four for Beyonce

No comments:

Post a Comment