Pages

Sunday 24 July 2011

Beyonce preps for the 'biggest opportunity of her life.'

Over the course of 15 years Beyonce Knowles has gone from one of "Destiny's Child" to a 'single lady,' and now a 'girl who runs the world.'

On June 28 the Texas-born superstar released her fourth studio album, '4' which has enjoyed two weeks at the top of the charts in the U.S. and the U.K.

At the end of the year Beyonce will begin work on the remake of the film "A Star Is Born" directed by Clint Eastwood.

"I realized every 20-30 years a new star is born and a new talent represents that generation and era so I didn't think that I would ever get the opportunity to be the star and I met with Clint and I was so nervous and I know that it is the biggest opportunity of my life," Beyonce told Reuters.

This will be the fourth version of the film - Barbra Streisand starred in the last edition in 1976. In the past, the young star had said she was molding her career after Streisand, which helped in her decision to be in the movie.

In March of 2011 Beyonce broke professional ties with manager/father Matthew Knowles and began managing herself. Having to balance both the finances and the creative side has been a challenge for the 16-time Grammy award winner.

"I'm sleeping with my Blackberry, I'm having dreams that I'm answering e-mails, like it's that far, but it's going to slow down and I'm really learning and hopefully I'll inspire other artist to take control and hopefully I'll be able to pass my wisdom on to younger artists," said Beyonce.

Beyonce is almost as well known for her voice as she is for her music videos and live performances. The singer attributes those successful performances to her imagination.

"I usually have dreams about my performances and I have visualized everything from the color of my stiletto to my hair style to the choreographer and movement and no one has seen it except me. So there are certain details that I am really specific about and it's hard for me to commitment to something until I have that vision, because I haven't seen it yet," she explained.

The first music video off her new CD, "Run The World (Girls)" featured Tofu Tofu, a kwaito dance group from Mozambique. Beyonce first fell in love with the group after seeing a video of them posted on YouTube. Her documentary, "Year of 4", shows that world famous Beyonce was virtual unknown to Tofu Tofu, something she said is rare, but refreshing.

"It's really great when I can have a conversation or learn a piece of dance, or just know that it's human connection and it has nothing to do with anything else but just respect and, you know, it's rare for me to have those moments. So I really, I get excited when that happens, it's like going to Target or - the things that I wish I could do more often," she said laughing.

The last song recorded for "4" is also the song that carries the most weight. Songwriter Diane Warren first played the power ballad for Beyonce over the phone.

"I said, 'Oh my God, I have to have this song'. And it was inspired by 9/11 and it's the tenth anniversary and I thought wow, this really completes my album and gives it so much heart," said Beyonce.

On September 4th a very excited Beyonce will turn 30 and the chart-topping star has no plans to slow down.

"I have learned from my husband and just life experience that it's too hard to say. I said I was going to retire at 30, it's not happening, I was 15, I didn't know. So I'll say that I definitely will have other focus, a bigger focus, but hopefully it will still be entertaining in some kind of way," she said
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by Airtel Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment